Imagine being able to control your home’s temperature from your smartphone. Well, you can with a smart thermostat from Home Squad.
Ensure your home is ready for winter with our furnace repair service, and ask about our 99er special!
Smart Thermostat Advantages
Today’s technology makes everything more convenient, including controlling the temperature in your home. A smart thermostat gives you more precise control over your heating and cooling and can save money on your energy bills. If you’re on the fence about installing one of these devices, check out the following advantages and then call us for an appointment.
- REDUCES ENERGY COSTS - One of the best reasons for upgrading to a WiFi thermostat is the energy savings that come with it. A smart thermostat allows you to schedule your HVAC to run less when you’re out for the day, which means you use less energy. You can also program the system to kick on right before you come home, so your house is at the perfect temperature when you arrive.
- TRACK ENERGY USAGE - Most digital thermostats allow the user to track how much energy they use. Tracking your usage enables you to build an energy profile that shows how your usage changes over time, so you can make adjustments to get the most comfort at the best price.
- REMOTE CONTROL - Another useful feature you get from a wireless thermostat is the ability to control the system remotely. If you’re coming home earlier than expected, you can use an app on your smartphone to log into the thermostat and adjust the temperature, so it’s perfect once you arrive.
- SCHEDULE HVAC USAGE - With a programmable thermostat, you can schedule your HVAC usage, which means you don’t have to stay on top of adjusting the system every day — just set it and forget it.
Time to make upgrades to your home? Why take from your savings to pay for it? We provide convenient financing to make your HVAC and appliance upgrades an enjoyable and easy process. Apply using the link below for fast credit decision.
Do I Need an Earthquake Valve?Depending on where you live, you may be required to have an earthquake valve in place by law. However, even if it is not legally required, putting in an earthquake valve is still a good idea if you live in areas prone to this type of seismic activity. Home Squad Home Services and Repair has been installing these devices for our customers all around the Bothell, WA area for years. We would be happy to discuss your individual situation with you and help you determine whether or not an earthquake valve is a reasonable precaution for you to take.
What Are Earthquake Valves?Earthquake valves automatically shut off the gas supply to your home in the event that major seismic activity is detected in the area. When motion of a certain magnitude is present underground, a mechanism in the valve will be triggered and cut off all gas flow to your home. The action of an earthquake can cause damage to gas lines and pipes. Cutting off the gas can help prevent any fires or explosions caused by those damages, potentially saving your home. These fires and explosions are often more damaging than the actual earthquake.
When is a Ductless Mini Split System a Better Choice?
You’ve probably heard of a ductless mini split system but aren’t sure if one of these systems is right for your home. Well, sometimes these are actually the better choice and here’s why.
The mini split system provides more flexible solutions as opposed to the standard HVAC. Heat pumps and central air systems force cold and hot air through ducts while mini split systems deliver air directly into the desired room, which makes it easier to get the precise temperature and requires less energy.
Because ductless mini split systems don’t lose energy through improperly sealed ductwork, they operate more efficiently, which saves you money. Also, as mentioned, these units require less power to do the same job that an HVAC system does, which also increases your energy savings.
Since HVAC systems and heat pumps force air through ductwork, it’s not uncommon for people to experience poor indoor air quality if the ductwork gets dirty. With a mini split system, you get the option of multi-stage filtration that drastically reduces the amount of allergens, particles, and dust that goes out into your home.
Finally, if your home doesn’t have ductwork, or you’re living in an apartment, a ductless mini split system is easier and cheaper to install since you don’t have to worry about cutting holes for ducts.
What Should I Check Before Calling an HVAC Contractor?
The warm summer nights here in Washington mean that residents’ air conditioners are working overtime to keep everyone cool and comfortable, and it’s bound to happen that some systems can’t handle the load and break down. If your system isn’t putting out the cold air you desire, or if it’s not firing up at all, here are a few troubleshooting tips to check before you call an AC contractor.
If the air isn’t as cold as you desire, check that the air filter is clean and make sure there aren’t any obstructions near the outside compressor. Also, check for moisture as it may be a refrigerant leak.
If the air isn’t blowing, check the thermostat and make sure it’s set a few degrees lower than the room temperature. Also, make sure the thermostat is set to ‘cooling mode’. Check to see if any circuit breakers have been tripped, and of course, make sure the air filter is clean.
If you experience frequent on/off cycling or a system that won’t shut off, check and make sure an air register isn’t blowing directly on the thermostat, which can cause it to malfunction. Also check your refrigerant levels, and the air filter.
If you notice ice on the system, it could be that dirty air filter that’s to blame, or check to see if the coils are dirty. Also inspect the vents for obstructions.
To find out more troubleshooting tips, contact us online or call us!
Where Can I Get Replacement HVAC Filters?You can purchase replacement air filters directly from Home Services and Repair. In fact, we offer a delivery service as well so you will never have to leave your home to try and find the right kind of filter for your system. When you sign up for our annual filter replacement programs, you will receive the appropriate filter for your system from USPS every 90 days. We offer a variety of high-quality filters, so that you can be sure to get the type and size that is right for your system. If you are not sure how to install the filter yourself, our team will be happy to stop by and help you with removal of the old and installation of the new.
When to Call for Thermostat Repair
Thermostats last about ten years, and after that time, you may notice the system malfunctions more often. Here are the top signs that your thermostat needs repaired or replaced.
- THERMOSTAT WON’T RESPOND - If the temperature doesn’t change, no matter how much you adjust the thermostat, the unit could be broken or may need new batteries.
- THE HVAC WON’T SHUT OFF - When the AC or heater runs continuously, it could be that the wiring is frayed or the thermostat needs recalibrating.
- ROOM TEMPERATURE & SETTING DON’T MATCH - If the room temperature is different from the temperature the thermostat is set at, the system could be failing and require replacing.
Whether you need a new thermostat installation or thermostat repair, you can always count on Home Squad to do the job right the first time. Contact us at (425) 312-6767 in the Bothell area.