Welcome to HVAC law school!
Today we’ll be talking about the LG Compressor lawsuit that took place last year. Pretty unfortunate for LG to be caught up in a lawsuit during the pandemic. However, people’s LG French Door Refrigerators were having issues with the compressor and not cooling properly. As part of the settlement, LG had to cough up anywhere from $50 to at least $3,500 to eligible consumers with an additional 5 year warranty and an Enhanced Customer Care program that will help customers with later issues. If there was at least one incident where the refrigerator wasn’t cooling, then the customer would be reimbursed fully for parts and labor. Here are some more specifics on the compensation:
- Delayed repairs, unsuccessful repairs, and property loss would have a reimbursement of at least $1,000 for each item. Fully replacing the refrigerator would be a reimbursement of up to $650.
- Enhanced Customer Care Program is provided, which includes faster repair service, increased number of technicians available, and additional compensation. This will last for at least three years.
- Eligible customers could receive a minimum of $500 to the original purchase price (in the case of three or more cooling issues).
Wow, now that’s a lot of money and benefits. Makes sense though because if our refrigerator stopped working, we certainly wouldn’t be cool about it (apologies, we couldn’t resist). Now, an eligible receiver of these benefits must have the following qualifications:
- An LG French Door Refrigerator manufactured between January 1, 2014 to December 31st, 2017.
- Provide proof (receipts of repairs, photographs, or other documents).
- If no proof was provided, the customer could file a claim under oath and receive between $50 – $450.
The last day to apply for these benefits was September 22, 2021 unfortunately. So if you were getting ready to receive your money after reading this, sadly you’re a tad bit too late. But if you are looking for home repairs, then check our website or give us a call at (425) 312-6767!