‘Tis the season of merry cheer and laughter!
The first day of December is already upon us, and as a major holiday month for many across the country, there are some things to plan and prepare – like loads and loads of laundry when your guests arrive. Unfortunately, that means firing up your dryer and working it on overdrive. We say unfortunately because this can cause multiple issues, especially fire issues. Of course, this can be prevented if you follow the following steps:
- Clean out your lint filter regularly.
- About twice a year, clean the tubing.
- Check behind your dryer for accumulated dust and clothes.
- Test to see if your tumbler is spinning smoothly and obstructed-free by running it with your hands.
- Ensure your dryer is a good distance from the wall (not too much, but just enough so your tubes can have space for circulation).
Dryer lint is one of the most common causes of dryer fires, especially since people turn up the heat inside during colder seasons. In fact, the National Fire Protection Association has reported that dryers and washers cause an average of 15,970 fires each year, and 92% of that is from dryers. Property damage alone averages around $248 million, not to mention the injuries it has caused. About 31% of these fires are caused by improper maintenance of their dryer.
Let’s keep our dryers and ourselves safe this holiday season and future holiday seasons as well! Give us a call if you’re having issues with your washer and dryer at (425) 312-6767